Re: Where can I get the catalog information in target Database

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:15:33 -0500

manjsuha wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Prob: Where can I get the name of the catalog DB from the target DB?
> I can get the list of registered target databaes information easily
> from the catalog database views. But the I am unable to get the
> reverse?
>
> Version: 10g R2
>
> Thanks
> Manjusha

I'm not sure you can. It is possible for a target db to use more than one Recovery Catalog. V$CONTROLFILE_RECORD_SECTION does show that backup set information is stored in the control file. You can try dumping the control file's contents and checking there,but it may only list the backup set name, not the RC that was used when creating the backup set.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net