Re: Minimizing backup induced downtime

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 22:22:06 +0200

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:51:11 -0700, "Martin T." <bilbothebagginsbab5_at_freenet.de> wrote:

>You know Mr. Bakker, sometimes I just, honestly, and without sarcasm,
>wonder what your job consists of.
>People DO NOT go and tell their employers, superiors or colleagues
>that they should trash a (potentially) multi-thousand $¤ App just
>because it has a weird data format.
>This is what you are constantly telling people if an application
>hinders them in using an Oracle feature.

I bet you are one of the so-called 'developers' causing DBAs so much grief.
What do you recommend me? To tell my customers, they should throw more hardware at the problem? And they should repeat this every 6 months? You would be advised to keep your misrepresentations and insinuations for yourself.
Hopefully I will never have to deal with some (cr)app you designed.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA