Re: Minimizing backup induced downtime

From: Alexander Skwar <alexander_at_skwar.name>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 14:30:46 +0200

sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Obviously, RMAN can cope with the 'split-mirror' technique you

I now briefly read the "Oracle® Database Backup and Recovery Advanced User's Guide" at http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14117_01/server.101/b10734/rcmbackp.htm, as it contains the "keyword" split-mirror (or rather "split mirror").

Maybe I misunderstand something, but from reading the documentation, it seems to me, as if a "split mirror" is a backup stored on disk and at the same time stored on tape (or maybe more generally speaking, stored on two different "locations").

That's neither what I described nor what I'm looking for. But before we go on, maybe you, Sybrand, could be so nice to explain what you seem to understand under "split mirror".

Regards,

Alexander Skwar Received on Thu Jul 12 2007 - 07:30:46 CDT