Re: Crash/instance recovery

From: The Boss <usenet_at_No.Spam.Please.invalid>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 20:58:06 +0200

DA Morgan wrote:
> The Boss wrote:
>> DA Morgan wrote:

>>> You can not recover an instance ... an instance is processes in
>>> memory.
>>
>> This article on OTN doesn't seem to agree with you:
>> http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/availability/htdocs/std_recovery.html
>>
>> <quote>
>> Automatic Fault Recovery
>
> 'Automatic Fault Recovery' <> 'Crash Recovery'

?!
Where did I (or the article) say it is the same? It is just the header above the relevant part of the article. And if you're not happy with it, please read the Concepts Guide I referred to in my follow-up post.
It contains essentially the same info under the header "Overview of Instance and Crash Recovery".

--
Jeroen