Re: Help: Grid Control agent question

From: Chandra Pabba <CPabba_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 00:04:31 GMT

emdproduction_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> After I successfully installed Grid control on windows, I need to
> install agent on linux machine.
>
> But I have already installed agent on my linux database box when i
> did
> "emca -confi dbcontrol db -reops create"
>
> And I did
> [oracle_at_vlinux sysman]$ emctl start agent
> TZ set to US/Eastern
> Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Database Control Release 10.2.0.1.0
> Copyright (c) 1996, 2005 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
> Starting agent .... started.
>

> Now, how can I make this agent talk with the Grid control on windows
> oms host? Or do I have to install another agent, one for dbconsole,
> one for Grid Control?
>
> Thanks for your help

Hi,

What does "emctl status agent" show...did you provide the OMS information(servername,port#,registration password), while installing the agent? DBConsole is standalone and you don't have to use it if you are using Grid Control plus agent.
If you haven't installed an agent on this linux server, install a agent and during the install process provide the OMS name, port# and the agent registration password.

HTH Thanks
Chandra Pabba Received on Tue Jul 03 2007 - 19:04:31 CDT