Re: ORA-4030 on W2003 SE

From: Uwe Weber <uwe.weber_at_teleos-web.de>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 21:42:00 +0200

Hi Frank,

thanks for your reply.

frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com wrote:

> In the properties of the service, set the mark with the "allow service
> to interact with desktop".
> Sounds weird, but it changes the distibution of memory types (stack/
> heap/core) back
> to pre-NT4.0
> [snip]
> If you want it, search Metalink (!) for "forms server max processes";
> one
> of the articles has the above solution (more than 83 forms connections
> will make Windows come to a full stop), and the link to the KB article

I have found some articles on Metalink which all relate to forms server and/or IAS not the DB itself. Though the description of heap allocation given in one of them sounds promising.

So, I will try that out in the test environment, that should be set up by tomorrow :->.

But may I ask you for a doc id, so that I can get a metalink note to show to managment?

Thanks again,
uwe   Received on Thu Jun 28 2007 - 14:42:00 CDT