Re: Using UPDATE with ROWNUM?

From: Jagjeet Singh <jagjeet.malhi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 10:29:53 -0700

> Um, you might want to peruse this internet thingee about commit in
> loop and ora-1555, for example at asktom.oracle.com, especially if
> there is a performance requirement.

> DA Morgan,
> You got a good answer. What about it don't you understand?

I am 100% agree on this, dead horse topic, which I faced 6 years back then we found some way
to avoid this to not to read the old block in same query using order by clause where you can
not avoid commit in some cases and was helpfull in some cases. But still I do not support

But you are not getting my point in this thread. I did not reply to the OP, I replied
the guy who was suggessting to use "Bulk collect with limie 1000" and i said do not need
to use here bulk collect, you can achive same thing using like this. Received on Thu Jun 28 2007 - 12:29:53 CDT