DX Lock problem

From: <sorcius_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 14:48:21 -0000

Hello folks,

does anybody know the meaning of the v$lock.id1 column for a lock of type 'DX'?
We are facing some problems w/ this type of lock. Sometimes a session hangs after acquiring a DX lock in exclusive mode serializing
other sessions, any queries againts views related to distributed tx ([g]v$global_transaction,
dba_pending_transactions, ...) hang there forever. Killing the session holding the lock doesn't help cause the lock is acquired with the same mode
by another session. The only solution so far has been to shut the instance.
I am trying to replicate the problem in our development environment using a couple of
application witten in Pro*c but even if during some dml operation I can see a DX exclsuive
lock, I havent't been able so far to stall the instance :(. If you guys know what excatly means that column, or better if you know what Oracle do
during an distributed (xa) transaction would be greatly valuable for my debug activity.

The production env wher i get the error is: 9iEE 9.2.0.8 (2 nodes RAC)
Solaris 9 64
Bea Web Logic Server 8.1.4 (TM)

Thanks
g Received on Thu Jun 28 2007 - 09:48:21 CDT