Re: RAC 9.205 OCR ve Voting disk backup recovery strategies

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 07:34:19 -0700

On Jun 28, 10:14 am, newhorizon <mehmete..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe duplexing is provided in oracle 10g R2. and not possible in
> 9i.
>
> What are the possible options available to backup the OCR and the
> Voting Disk in oracle RAC 9.2. What intervals should I backup these
> files ? Should I take the backups offline ?
>
> I can find a lot of info about 10g but there are not much documents
> about that subject.
>
> Any help appreciated.

I think you have some concepts and terminology possibly confused.

In the 9.2 rac environment you use srvctl which operates against a ( typically raw partition at least for me in hpux ) file pointed to by /var/opt/oracle/srvConfig.loc. My impression is the gsd and other RAC related 9.2 stuff operate against the info in there. In 9.2 the os vendors or 3rd party software vendors provided the clustering layer which ( may ) use concepts like voting disks. We use EMC symmetrix units to provide shared sroate which also I believe internally in the sym's have their own concept of voting disks.

In the 10.2 rac environment oracle provides theoretically mandatory clusterware to run RAC on ( versus the os vendor or 3rd party software vendor ( veritas etc ) ). At that point oracle produces some other semi-fragile pieces of software to support their clusterware which at that point do indeed carry along the concept of a voting disk. Received on Thu Jun 28 2007 - 09:34:19 CDT