Re: Oracle 10g R2 RHEL 5 When?

From: Jack <jrscrns_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 14:03:15 -0700

I agree that loading RHEL 4 AS/ES on the box would be the easiest route, but there is more than one application already running on the RHEL 5 box. Stepping back a release is not an option in this case. As things worked out, Oracle 10g R2 is not the answer in this particular case. The only fortunate thing about this whole mess is that the application is relatively small, less than 100 tables and about 50 backend procedures. There is a middle tier server making calls to the procedures so all I have to do is emulate the input parameters and output result sets. I have a strong Sybase background and I have been working with Oracle since release 7. You have to remember that clients do not necessarily make the best decisions. You can state your point, but you can not argue with them. I have seen too many contractors being canned when they were right because the client did not like being told what to do. Received on Wed Jun 27 2007 - 16:03:15 CDT