Re: oracle threads increasing, even after closing sessions

From: sam <samuel_steck_at_yahoo.com.br>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 06:35:52 -0700

On Jun 15, 9:17 am, EscVector <EscVec..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 15, 6:10 am, Jimmy <jimmy.coole..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I assume your "server" here is the Oracle server, not the Websphere.
> > > How long do these connections stay in CLOSE_WAIT state? What are the
> > > corresponding connection states on the Websphere side?
>
> > > We thought your application did something similar to sqlplus's
> > > disconnect, but it doesn't look like, because in that case you would
> > > see ESTABLISHED state. I'm not sure if there's some bug in .net
> > > connector. You may want to search on Metalink or open a Tar.
>
> > > Yong Huang-
>
> > the connections in CLOSE_WAIT are on the Oracle server, on the
> > webserver i don't have those connections.
> > These connections stay i CLOSE_WAIT state, until we restart the
> > Database.
>
> > Should Dead Connection Detection not clean this up ?
>
> http://www.sunmanagers.org/pipermail/summaries/2006-January/007068.html
>
> CLOSE_WAIT means that the local end of the connection has received
> a FIN from the other end, but the OS is waiting for the program at the
> local end to actually close its connection.
>
> LAST_ACK is what kill the connection, but this comes from the client
> TCP connection. Something in the connection path is holding these
> connections "open".
>
> I'm betting the issue on the webserver. If not, do you have a load
> balancing hardware between the webserver and the database?- Hide quoted text -

I had this issue one time, I don't remember the oracle version, but the issue was that when the connection becomes idle for a time, oracle doesn't close the session, it will only actualy close it when the user issues another command against the database, because Received on Fri Jun 15 2007 - 08:35:52 CDT