Re: Substitute for SUBSTR

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 05:36:30 -0700

On Jun 12, 1:57 pm, Buck <BuckTheManTurgid..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > It seems a bit odd that an ERP package does not allow the use of SUBSTR. Try this:
> > SELECT
> > T_1.*
> > FROM
> > T_1,
> > T_2
> > WHERE
> > T_2.REF_POSID LIKE T_1.POS_NR||'%';
>
> I thought of that, but apparently the "||" is an Oracle construct, not
> ANSI, and it is not allowed.
>
> I haven't posted in the Oracle group for a few years. That Sybrand
> guy, wow, is he STILL an asshole?

I don't see why this is an Oracle problem. That's why I posted my comment.

As for the uncalled for invective: I'm not sure why the label 'Asshole' doesn't equally apply to you.
If you don't want to read my comments, don't read them, but please cut the crap.
If you want to be nannied, please subscribe to Oracle-l, where Steve Adams will wipe your face clean when you start foaming again.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA