Step by Step DBA help required - Uninstalling Oracle Spatial

From: <Number.One.Mike_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 03:53:23 -0700

Hi,

I'm standing in for our DBA while he has some much needed annual leave. I'm not a DBA but know my way around the database. I've had a request come in that one of our DB's has had Oracle Locator and Oracle Spatial installed on it. In fact they only want Oracle Locator installed on it and so have requested for the Spatial aspect to be uninstalled.

Would anyone be able to provide me with reliable step by step instructions on how to do this, or point me at a Metalink note on the subject? The DB holds lots of highly used accounts, the one thing I can't do is trash it while I try. If uninstalling spatial is high risk (for me) I would much rather leave it until the DBA returns.

The DB is 10.2.0.3 on GNU Linux.

Thanks in advance,

Mike. Received on Wed Jun 06 2007 - 05:53:23 CDT