Re: Consultant Available - Oracle Apps Techno Functional (CRM) - Prime Software Technologies, Inc

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 17:39:45 -0700

Steve Howard wrote:
> On Jun 4, 4:46 pm, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:

>> On Jun 4, 7:28 am, Satish <recruiter.sat..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Partners,
>>> I am really greatful to you all for being so helpful in getting
>>> assignments for my  Consultant.
>>> I really appreciate your time for responding to me.
>>> PLZ DO NOT REPLY TO recruiter.sat..._at_gmail.com
>>> REPLY TO ANIL   -   amot..._at_primesofttech.com
>>> OR   SATISH    -   sgority..._at_primesofttech.com
>> Hey stupid!  It's not the gmail that's the problem.
>>
>> The problem is you are NOT supposed to post job ads here!
>>
>> How clear do you need it to be?
>>
>> greatful and PLZ don't help your cause any.  They just make you look
>> like an illiterate spammer.
>>
>> jg
>> --
>> @home.com is bogus.
>> Did Kumar ever make it to White Castle?

> I know you guys don't want to hear this, but if you look at Google
> groups, you'll see this is a "High" activity group. These guys really
> don't care if the three or four people post a negative response to
> this garbage, as they get in front of literally thousands of "pre-
> qualified" eyes.
>
> I have always found it hard to believe that they get *zero* responses
> from ads like this. I couldn't even guess how many lurkers there are
> on this group, some of which are looking for a job, perhaps
> desperately so. I agree 101% that it has no place here, and the jobs
> offered are probably suspect. However, as unfortunate as it may be, I
> think you are fighting an uphill battle.
>
> With a unmoderated group comes a price, so I think you have to pick
> your poison...moderated where you control what is posted...or not.
>
> Regards,
>
> Steve

To quote Edmund Burke
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

So we do something.

But the evidence, not proof, that what we do works is that they rarely stick around long. If it worked for them they would ignore us, ignore the fact that their email accounts are canceled, ignore the fact that sometimes we send law enforcement after them.

For example our current spammer d'jour may soon find out that he has attracted the attention of the Federal Trade Commission though I can't imagine how that might have happened.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group