Re: invoking exp

From: Jim Smith <usenet01_at_ponder-stibbons.com>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 17:19:20 +0100

In message <1180198697.797291_at_bubbleator.drizzle.com>, DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org> writes
>Jim Smith wrote:
>> In message <fksf53lm2kpc63rdgtbr3v0lt9n7f08ghb_at_4ax.com>,
>>sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl writes

>>> Perhaps someone may stop displaying his habitual 'Holier than thou'
>>> attitude, directed at flaming one particular newsgroup member.
>>> If you don't want to stop, take it offline and stop posting this
>>> garbage.
>>>
>> That's rich coming from you as the leading flamethrower in this group.
>> He had a reasonable point. Daniel has a habit of highlighting other
>>people errors. For him to make such a fundamental error deserves
>>pointing out.
>
>Just as John did and just as you have now done. Isn't there a word in
>the English language for people who do precisely what they criticize
>others for doing?

What word would that be? Pointing out that someone's behaviour is unpleasant by treating them in the same way is a fairly normal piece of human interaction.

>PS: I stand by what I wrote.
>http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/asktom/f?p=100:11:0::::P11_QUESTION_ID:6909
>9514810001

This seems to be a question about statspack I don't see the relevance.

The original question was

> 9.2.0.5 EntEd AIX5L
> Is there a way to invoke export from a windows client machine and have
> the .dmp file stored on that client machine? I'm thinking no, but I've
> been wrong many times in the past.

And you wrote

 >I am not aware of one but I sure hope the answer is no.

So you are confirming that you don't know that your can run exp from a client machine.

--
Jim Smith
Ponder Stibbons Limited <http://oracleandting.blogspot.com/>