Re: Comparison of Oracle commans Vs. SQL Server Commands

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 09:43:00 -0700

Brian Peasland wrote:
> Geri Reshef wrote:

>> Where can I find a short comparision of SQL comands of both products?
>> I need to find the Oracle equivalents of some SQL Server commands
>> (e.g. date functions).
>>

> This is one of the better ones I've found:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2000/reskit/part2/c0761.mspx?mfr=true
>

> It's written by Microsoft in the hopes you'll migrate to SQL Server, but
> you can use the doc to go the other way too!
>
> Cheers,
> Brian

I started reviewing the site but had to stop when my laughter started bothering those around me.

This is priceless:
"Clustering is a shared disk, hardware solution protecting against computer failure."

Forget cache fusion.
Forget TAF and FCF.
Forget that RAC is not a hardware solution. Forget the fact that shared disk is a very small part of RAC.

It is best to suspend one's synapses when reading Microsoft docs.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington