Re: Oracle RAC vs VM WARE

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 04:07:34 -0400

On 11 May 2007 08:17:22 -0700, "amerar_at_iwc.net" <amerar_at_iwc.net> wrote:

>Currently we have 5 older machines, and they are about to go. We are
>trying to decide if it would be better to run VM WARE and have 5
>virtual machines between the 2 new machines, with the databases
>replicating themselves on the other for failover.

Run your databases under different SIDs under same homes if versions are the same. Use Veritas Cluster, or the like, if you need 'failover' (you'll need shared storage too). Save yourself the headache of dealing VMWare or RAC.

We run Oracle 9iR2,10gR1/2 on RH4/RH3 and Solaris 10 (Sparc) remove NSPAM to email Received on Thu May 24 2007 - 03:07:34 CDT