Oracle RAC vs VM WARE

From: <amerar_at_iwc.net>
Date: 11 May 2007 08:17:22 -0700

Hi All,

I'm not real familiar with either of the two technologies I am posting about, but, we are setting up 2 new servers to run 5 database instances.

Currently we have 5 older machines, and they are about to go. We are trying to decide if it would be better to run VM WARE and have 5 virtual machines between the 2 new machines, with the databases replicating themselves on the other for failover.

OR

Run Oracle RAC.

>From what I understand, RAC will make better use of resources should
one instance need it. But I think we're talking about multiple Oracle Homes on the same box right?

Can anyone offer some feedback maybe on some of their experiences??

Thanks! Received on Fri May 11 2007 - 10:17:22 CDT