finding last date

From: Robert Hicks <sigzero_at_gmail.com>
Date: 23 May 2007 11:14:57 -0700

I have a table (simplified):

NAM E VOY DATE The NAME column can have the same entry up to 10 times based on the VOY. So it could look something like this:

NAME        VOY    DATE
123456        0       <some date>
123456        1       <some date>
345677        0       <some date>
345677        1       <some date>
345677        2       <some date>
345677        3       <some date>
098766        0       <some date>

Some of the NAME items have VOYS up to 9 but not all of them do.

I need to pull out the NAME and the LAST <some date> for each "distinct" NAME. So in the above case I would get:

123456    1    <some date>
345677    3    <some date>
098766    0    <some date>

The <some date> is always later as the VOY increments up.

Any help would be appreciated. I have been banging my head all day.

Robert Received on Wed May 23 2007 - 13:14:57 CDT