Security: EAL4 and Database Links

From: bernard (bernard_at_bosvark.com) <bosvark2000_at_googlemail.com>
Date: 23 May 2007 09:28:03 -0700

In my quest to comply with EAL4 evaluationsI came across the following in the Oracle Documentation and got confused, I hope that someone might understand this better than me:

>[DB.AC-6] Each database link must be defined such that users who refer to the link are connected to an identically named normal user account in the secondary or remote database, that is the database link must be defined without reference to a single normal user account to which all users referencing the link would otherwise be connected.

Does this mean one should only use CURRENT_USER Database Links as described in Metalink Note:264872.1? Or does it mean something else?

I appreciate your help. Received on Wed May 23 2007 - 11:28:03 CDT