Re: Creating standby database: Why need to copy backup pieces to standby site manually?

From: Ronny <nitelyjoy_at_ist-einmalig.de>
Date: 17 May 2007 06:35:38 -0700

Regarding the discussion in the whole thread, I summarize that the lack of my desired feature is not due to either
- network load over SQL*Net,

I assume this feature is not implemented yet. It's not a lack of knowledge how to do, because nobody couldn't tell me the command line yet.

I think it can save disk space on remote site if this feature was realized and a creation of a standby database would be even more comfortable and easier than it is already today.

Does anybody know if Oracle plans this feature for a future release?

Regards,
Ronny Received on Thu May 17 2007 - 08:35:38 CDT