Label Security issue with Materialized Views

From: Sal <salmansyed2003_at_gmail.com>
Date: 8 May 2007 15:07:17 -0700

Hello,

I am trying to create a materialized view that is governed by a label security policy. Here is a summary of the issue:

  1. I created a materialized view under sgadmin schema. The table references a table under the sgapp schema.
  2. The table in the sgapp schema has a label policy applied to it with an unhidden labelcol which stores the label value
  3. The sgadmin schema has full rights to the entire table.
  4. After creating the materialized view, I applied the same label policy to the materialized view as was applied to the master table.
  5. This works and when sgapp schema queries the sgadmin materialized view, only the data corresponding to the current label setting is show.
  6. However, when I try to issue an update statement on the master table, I get ORA-30372.

Does anyone know what this is all about? Thanks a lot for your help.

Sal Received on Tue May 08 2007 - 17:07:17 CDT