Re: Heterogeneous Services SE 10.2.0.3 SLES9 64bit to PostgreSQL

From: Valentin Minzatu <valentinminzatu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 May 2007 15:07:19 -0700

On May 8, 5:14 pm, Markus Schmidt <schmidt..._at_gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to access a remote PostgreSQL-database 8.1 (64 bit) from my
> Oracle SE 10.2.0.3 RAC (SLES9_x86_64SP3).
>
> Is this possible with Heterogeneous Services? I read a lot of posts, all
> saying that 32bit ODBC-drivers are needed. Is this also true for
> 10.2.0.3? Unfortunately all posts referred to older versions and I found
> no answer in HS Connectivity Admin Guide.
> If no, are there any workarounds?
>
> Regards,
>
> Markus

Have you read the Generic connectivity chapter in HC Administrator's Guide? I have no system to test it, but it looks fairly well explained there - in the end what you have to do is to get Oracle to "know about" the ODBC driver and configure the ODBC driver to access the PostgresSQL database. Received on Tue May 08 2007 - 17:07:19 CDT