shutdown oracle automatically when stopping services

From: Anthony <akkha1234_at_gmail.com>
Date: 4 May 2007 11:01:16 -0700

We have multiple microsoft boxes with mulitple oracle instances. All of them are set to automatically startup and shutdown upon starting/stopping the related oracle services. There is one or two refused to be shutdown properly when I stop the service. At least nothing is written to the alert log and the service stops too fast to be true.
I looked at all the registry settings. Looks okay with ORA_SID_SHUTDOWN, ORA_SID_SHUTDOWN_TIMEOUT and ORA_SHUTDOWNTYPE set properly. What other factor would need to take into account. We have only one ORACLE_HOME for this box. So multiple ORACLE HOME directory is not a concern.

Thanks for any idea. Received on Fri May 04 2007 - 13:01:16 CDT