Re: String concatenation in group by?

From: <gordon_t_wu_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 3 May 2007 09:37:16 -0700

On May 1, 10:57 am, "Michel Cadot" <micadot{at}altern{dot}org> wrote:
> "Tao" <gordon.t..._at_gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news: 1178028983.392635.62..._at_n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...
> | Hi,
> |
> | I'm wondering if its possible to perform concatenation of strings in
> | "group by". I'm still using Oracle 9.2, so I cannot take advantage
> | 10g's new "collect"aggregratefunction.
> |
> | Here is an example table, tab_example:
> |
> | ID Name
> | --- -----------
> | 1 Hello
> | 1 World
> |
> | My desired query result:
> | ID Concatenated_Name
> | 1 Hello World
> |

> | Thanks a lot.
> |

> I wonder why people always think they are the first one to ask for a question. <g>
>
> I just put "oracle string aggregation" in Google and the first item returned
> (http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/10g/StringAggregationTechniques.php)
> gives 5 ways to do it.
>
> Regards
> Micel Cadot

Well when you already know the solution, its easy to find it. For people who do not already know, its not so easy for them to put the right key words in google. Apparently he did search for solutions before coming here, which is exactly what this group is for. No reason to insult people while providing an answer. Received on Thu May 03 2007 - 11:37:16 CDT