Re: Fastest way to ASCII file or other ideas?

From: EscVector <Junk_at_webthere.com>
Date: 2 May 2007 06:52:42 -0700

On Apr 30, 4:07 pm, EscVector <J..._at_webthere.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for suggestions on the fastest way to dump 100+ Million
> rows from Oracle to an ASCII file.
> We've looked at external table with data pump. This works with speed,
> but that format is proprietary. We've also looked at UTL_FILE and
> this is slow. Looking for ideas suggestions. Streams possibly? Any
> third party freeware?

Thanks for the replies:
We tested with sqlplus option, but the lack or real programmatic within sqlplus makes this a last resort option.

Performance Based Options Synopsis:
1. Use ProC
2. Use Perl

No need to re-invent the wheel, use existing code samples and come up with something that works fast.

Thanks! Received on Wed May 02 2007 - 08:52:42 CDT