Re: 10gR2 install on Kubuntu Stuck at 4%

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 08:40:36 -0700

cloneofsnake wrote:

>> vi /etc/pam.d/login ... modify login
>> vi /etc/profile ... set ulimit and umask
>> vi /etc/hosts ... set IP addresses

> Looks like these are the ones you added.
>
> I went and read more install guides on RHEL, (like this one -
> http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/smiley_10gdb_install.html
> ) but I haven't seen anyone mentioned these 3 steps. What are they
> and can you further explain? Thanks!
>
> BTW, I'm from UW too. :)

They are all described in the installation guide available from http://docs.oracle.com

But a complete RedHat installation procedure can be found in Morgan's Library at www.psoug.org by clicking on Grid Control or Data Guard under Operating System Installation.

These are based on my lab and for my students but they are quite generic and should be easily adaptable for most people.

HTH

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington