Re: 10gR2 install on Kubuntu Stuck at 4%

From: cloneofsnake <clone.of.snake_at_gmail.com>
Date: 29 Apr 2007 20:19:59 -0700

Forgive me for being a complete noob, but both you and dizwell's guide says to create the .bashrc file in /home/oracle

> vi /home/oracle/.bashrc (or) .bash_profile ... set environ vars

but that folder doesn't exist. In your guide you created /app/oracle, and in dizwell's, /oracle/10g.

In the other guide, he created the folder /opt/oracle/product/10gR2, his bash_profile is created in /opt/oracle/.bash_profile, which makes more sense to me.

I'm now trying to point my oracle user to use dizwell's folders - / oracle/10g... but now when I do su - oracle, and then echo $ORACLE_HOME, I get nothing! I think I'm going to delete that user and delete all those folders and start over again. Received on Sun Apr 29 2007 - 22:19:59 CDT