Re: Optimizer Instability on 10.2.0.2

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 20 Apr 2007 10:24:54 -0700

On Apr 20, 8:02 am, "Jack" <n..._at_INVALIDmail.com> wrote:
> RBO is rock stable, and needs zero admin :)
> -> RBO is still better than CBO
> (If no need for some new features)
>
> want RBO back.

Back on version 7.0 we had a vendor application written per the vendor to run rules based. The customer and developers said the performance was horrible and wanted to know what DBA could do about it. We said all we could do was generate statistics and run cost based but that some SQL could go to lunch if we did this.

The customer said try it. We did and performance was significantly better under cost than under rule so life under the RBO wasn't that great. The requirement to tune was still a basic DBA fact of life.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri Apr 20 2007 - 12:24:54 CDT