Redundant Interconnects on 10g RAC

From: Matt <matt.bull_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: 19 Apr 2007 01:15:48 -0700

Hi All,

I've been setting up a simple 2 node RAC on sun hardware using Solaris 9 and CRS, using 2 interfaces on each node as interconnects.

Each interconnect is connected to it's partner node via a different gig switch.

The issue I'm seeing when testing failover is loss of a single interconnect results in the second node rebooting, it's as though the RAC isn't aware of the other remaining active interconnect network. Is this normal behaviour?, or a likely configuration fubar on my part. I've trawled google but can't find much detail on this to be honest.

I'd rather not go down the IPMP route on the interconnects as it would mean trunking the 2 switches I have at present.

Any information you might be able to share on this would ge great!

Cheers,
Matt Received on Thu Apr 19 2007 - 03:15:48 CDT