Re: Redundant Interconnects on 10g RAC

From: Cristian Cudizio <cristian.cudizio_at_yahoo.it>
Date: 19 Apr 2007 01:28:33 -0700

On Apr 19, 10:15 am, Matt <matt.b..._at_ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've been setting up a simple 2 node RAC on sun hardware using Solaris
> 9 and CRS, using 2 interfaces on each node as interconnects.
>
> Each interconnect is connected to it's partner node via a different
> gig switch.
>
> The issue I'm seeing when testing failover is loss of a single
> interconnect results in the second node rebooting, it's as though the
> RAC isn't aware of the other remaining active interconnect network. Is
> this normal behaviour?, or a likely configuration fubar on my part.
> I've trawled google but can't find much detail on this to be honest.
>
> I'd rather not go down the IPMP route on the interconnects as it would
> mean trunking the 2 switches I have at present.
>
> Any information you might be able to share on this would ge great!
>
> Cheers,
> Matt

Hi matt,
i'm not sure, but i think that oracle doesn't manage redundant private interconnect.
The best thing to do i think is to let Operatating system manage it with "channel bonding".
I'm not system administrator, but i think that this is right way to do solve your problem
Bye from Italy
Cristian Cudizio
http://cristiancudizio.wordpress.com
http://oracledb.wordpress.com Received on Thu Apr 19 2007 - 03:28:33 CDT