Re: test restore

From: cptkirkh <khill_at_scic.com>
Date: 12 Apr 2007 05:03:45 -0700

On Apr 12, 5:47 am, "gazzag" <gar..._at_jamms.org> wrote:
> On 12 Apr, 04:03, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
>
> > > What do I backup if I use veritas to backup the server?
>
> > I wouldn't use Veritas.
> > --
> > Daniel A. Morgan
> > University of Washington
> > damor..._at_x.washington.edu
> > (replace x with u to respond)
> > Puget Sound Oracle Users Groupwww.psoug.org-Hide quoted text -

> Surely that post is as useful as this one? ;)
>
> -g

Ok so if I decided to use RMAN to do the actual backup I could still use Veritas to at least copy the backup files so I can move them offsite via my tapes. So then my restore process would be first restore the database through the backup set, if that backup set is not availible then use veritas to restore the backup set and then use RMAN to restore from the files that veritas placed back on the server. Now if i want to restore to a different server? Can I just use RMAN on the new server to point to the current backup set and restore from there and if i went through and resotred from veritas the backup set first could I still use RMAN to restore to this new server? Thanks for all of your help. Received on Thu Apr 12 2007 - 07:03:45 CDT