Re: Prophecy Regarding Future of Oracle DBAs

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala.SPAM-ME.NOT_at_verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 21:43:01 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 08:26:50 -0700, hpuxrac wrote:

> Probably might not be as bad as people whining about oracle l!

You're trying to say something? If you want nice boring list without much technical contents, you can always send an email to oracle-l-request_at_freelists.org, with "SUBSCRIBE ORACLE-L" in the title or body. You will be protected from someone telling you the truth about your technical abilities as the most important things on the oracle-l is politeness.
Other than that, you're sadly off topic. This is not the right group to discuss my character traits and your perception of them. When I come to think of it, I don't expect something better from you. Here's a sample, just for you:

"Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com"
to oracle-l

show details

         Apr 10 (1 day ago)

How do I remove a dbms_scheduler job? Or see one for that matter? I’ve googled, and got lots of answers, but they seem to leave off at cleanup.

I can see this in all_scheduler_job_log and all_scheduler_job_run_details as failed as not a valid procedure… (which is ok).

DBMON @ pegrtdev> exec DBMS_SCHEDULER.create_job ('whse_extract', 'STORED_PROCEDURE', 'FactAppointment.Rebuil

DBMON @ pegrtdev> exec dbms_scheduler.drop_job('whse_extract', TRUE); BEGIN dbms_scheduler.drop_job('whse_extract', TRUE); END;

*

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-27475: "DBMON.WHSE_EXTRACT" must be a job

ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_ISCHED", line 178

ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SCHEDULER", line 544

ORA-06512: at line 1"

Of course, it is completely unacceptable to tell the guy to go away and read some literature. People are using oracle-l as the a freeware CBT, which means that the list is boring and useless, thanks to the moderator whose career these days consists mostly of enforcing politeness. As I am one of the few original members of the list who has been there for more than 10 years, I have every right to complain. If you don't like my posts, you can filter out my messages. If you don't know how to do that, you're a bozo not worthy of my time.

--
http://www.mladen-gogala.com