Re: Large table and buffer cache concerns

From: <devalos_at_gmail.com>
Date: 11 Apr 2007 08:03:13 -0700

> Shouldn't you be better concerned by the table design?
> Table j contains a cartesian product! Does that sound right?

> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

I would not consider table j to be a cartesian product, it is an associative table.

For example, let's assume we want to track customers (table c) and books (table q). I want to track which books a customer has read. Enter table j.

For each customer c, I "can" have as many entries in table j as I have records in books q.

Hope the example helps to explain the logic behind the table design. Received on Wed Apr 11 2007 - 10:03:13 CDT