Re: Create a Trigger for an existing View

From: <korumilli_raakesh_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 Apr 2007 07:43:15 -0700

On Apr 11, 2:55 am, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> Dean Tomasevic wrote:
> > The Task:
> > "Please write a inner join for the tables DEMO_USERS and DEMO_ORDERS.
> > The required information are the USER_ID and ORDER_ID.
> > If anybody take a new order you must be able to see it in your result,
> > but
> > don't use a view!
> > Try it with a inner join and a trigger."
>
> With a trigger? Is this an Oracle class or a skit from Comedy Central?
>
> There is no relationship between the two nor can they be made to
> relate.
>
> Verify you have the question correctly.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> University of Washington
> damor..._at_x.washington.edu
> (replace x with u to respond)

Hello, I think I got a clue to what u have said or asked.What U must do is,probabaly write a trigger on the order table so that whenever somebody takes a new order,u must in the tirgger that is, insert into a new table.But one more thing ,in case u query the orders table again, u will get a error that oracle table is mutating,since u cannot write a trigger on insert that will refer the same table again. Received on Wed Apr 11 2007 - 09:43:15 CDT