Re: getting the nearest number from a column

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala.SPAM_ME.NOT_at_verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 12:23:34 GMT

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 23:38:40 -0700, hasta_l3 wrote:

> I'm afraid I dont understand how the query above fulfills the OP
> requirements, as it selects many rows for - say - salary 1400.

I consider this to be a bug. The idea of my query is the same as the idea of your query, only with a different analytic function. That means that "min" doesn't work as advertised and that the "rank" function should be used. Thanks for discovering it. I used only one value and was satisfied with the result.

--
http://www.mladen-gogala.com