Re: best way to check OMS process is running?

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2 Apr 2007 01:26:18 -0700

On Apr 2, 6:00 am, "Iano" <ianmcclem..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Can someone suggest the best way to check that the Oracle Management
> Server is running (ver 9.2.0.7) ?
> This is through system admin monitoring tool, and I want to give a
> list of processes to check for
> ie.
> db = check for "ora_pmon_sid" process
> agent = check for "/home/oracle/9.2.0.7/bin/dbsnmp" process
> OMS = ??
> maybe check for the "/home/oracle/9.2.0.7/bin/oemLaunchOms" process,
> but im not sure this would be definitive
> more than grateful for any suggestions
> Cheers
> Ian

Oracle Intelligent Agent already monitors the database *and* OMS, *and* when OIA goes down, the node will be marked as down. Oracle Intelligent Agent is also capable of forwarding snmp traps to any tool like Openview or Tivoli,
so I am afraid you are waisting your time, and you would better read the SNMP manual for 9i, which explains how to interface OIA with your system admin monitoring tool.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA