Re: Where to start to become a DBA

From: dombrooks <dombrooks_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 Apr 2007 02:00:04 -0700

On Apr 1, 3:47 pm, "dhans" <dhan..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am Dhanasekar. Working as a system administrator.i want to
> become a DBA.i dont have any idea about oracle dba.please suggest me,
> where to start to become a DBA.
> I dont have knowledge in Softwares like sql.., etc.
>
> Kindly give your suggestions where to start?
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Dhans

The oracle documentation is great, but a bit dry in terms of reading through every manual in order to become a DBA?

Maybe start with the Concepts guide and the 2 day DBA guide?

     http://www.oracle.com/pls/db102/homepage

Maybe download and install the software from

     http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/index.html?

And maybe do a manual installation rather than an automatic one so that you can read up on the concepts and the further detail for each step that you need to do? Received on Mon Apr 02 2007 - 04:00:04 CDT