Re: ORA-01466: unable to read data - table definition has changed

From: S L Niemann <slniemann_at_gmail.com>
Date: 31 Mar 2007 06:18:06 -0700

On Mar 31, 3:40 am, "sealo" <seah..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3月31日, 上午2时11分, "Arun Mathur" <themath..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mar 30, 4:37 am, "sealo" <seah..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > > It is very strange issue. When I was doing the exp with "consistent=y"
> > > to the database, it was failed that "ORA-01466: unable to read data -
> > > table definition has changed".
>
> > > I search all the pages in the web, no proper answer was founded. And
> > > it seems some time error, I also check the all the changed time and
> > > create time in the dba_objects table. But no one of them was exceed
> > > the current time.
>
> > > Could you give me some hints to this issue? Now Only if I set the
> > > "consistent=n", the exp can continue to do the data export.
>
> > Hello,
>
> > See Metalink Note:1011680.102.
>
> > Regards,
> > Arun
>
> Sorry, I do not have the permission to access the Metalink.
> Could you paste the solution here?

MetaLink Info: Quoted directly, no notations below are mine SL

Solution Description:

This is usually caused when some change has been made to the initialisation parameter FIXED_DATE or the system date. It can occur Under different circumstances.

  1. When doing Date testing and the init.ora parameter FIXED_DATE has been set to a future date. When the database is started, then that date & TIME does not change.

   So any objects created will have exactly the same Date & Time    stamp as the FIXED_DATE.

   Now When you come to run the EXPORT, it checks the SYSDATE    and the creation dates for the objects.

   You need to modify the TIME in the FIXED_DATE parameter,    i.e. add 1 hour or few minutes, etc and you will not    encounter the error ORA-1466 anymore.

2. The Operating System was reinstalled because of the server crash.

   The system date was not set correctly. The year was set to 2001    instead of 1997 when they reinstalled Oracle. After some DB activity

   they realized the date was incorrect and reset it to 1997 causing some

   objects to exist with future dates.

   Perform full database export without specifying consistent=y and    recreate the database. Received on Sat Mar 31 2007 - 08:18:06 CDT