Re: Oracle 9.2 Scheduler problem

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: 31 Mar 2007 06:18:57 -0700

On Mar 27, 9:44 am, "Darstan" <rseckst..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to set up a pair of jobs that will execute a SP that
> grants/revokes a certain users create session privs during during
> certain hours.
>
> I have the procedures in and working. And the jobs in the scheduler.
> The jobs fire and it seems to be working.
>
> The problem I have is while I was setting this stuff up I had to test
> things so I created other jobs that ran at different times so I could
> test.
> Once I was ready to setup the actual jobs I removed all the test jobs.
> But for some reason oracle is recreating the old jobs and it is not
> just making one copy of the jobs it is making millions of copies.
> I came in after the weekend and found that it had made 2.5 million
> jobs between early Saturday morning and Monday.
> Only reason it did not keep replicating is the log files filled up the
> harddrive and archive logging halted all transactions.
>
> Please help me figure out how to get rid of these "ghost" jobs that
> are being created by oracle and how to stop them from coming back.

Hi,

I know this doesn't answer your question, but keep in mind that revokes invalid database objects that depend on the objects that are revoked. We have had library cache latching issues with this in the past (5000 concurrent users all trying to revalidate an object...not good).

Have you looked at secure application roles, i.e., set a role for a user based on the time of day?

HTH, Steve Received on Sat Mar 31 2007 - 08:18:57 CDT