Re: to_number and trailing spaces

From: dmonder <dmonder_at_gmail.com>
Date: 28 Mar 2007 10:44:08 -0700

Well, the two links you provided say nothing about to_number not being designed to return trailing spaces. In fact, one of the links from the oracle site

   http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/olap.102/b14346/dml_x_stddev022.htm#i78653

gives an example showing trailing spaces.

I did find in the documentation the Oracle does not store trailing zeros for NUMBER types, but this is output from a function that uses a format specifier that can specify 9D000.

David