Re: to_number and trailing spaces

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 28 Mar 2007 10:15:35 -0700

On Mar 28, 11:22 am, "dmonder" <dmon..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to get to_number to return trailing spaces using the
> format '9D000' but it does not. Can anyone explain to me why this is?
>
> David Onder

The to_number() function isn't designed to 'return trailling spaces'. Stop expecting it to do so. Please read the documentation on to_number():

http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14200/functions191.htm

Or choose which document you'd like to read:

http://www.oracle.com/pls/db102/search?remark=quick_search&word=to_number&tab_id=&format=ranked

David Fitzjarrell Received on Wed Mar 28 2007 - 12:15:35 CDT