Re: http server on 10g R2

From: Andrea <netsecurity_at_tiscali.it>
Date: 26 Mar 2007 02:43:10 -0700

On 25 Mar, 23:25, "Fuzzy" <fuzzy.greybe..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 25, 11:30 am, Andrea <n..._at_tin.it> wrote:
>

> > Ana C. Dent ha scritto:

> > > Apache

> > > search for httpd.conf
>
> > i don't find any httpd.conf configuration file, and in installer there isn't
> > any apache to install.. :(
>
> > i remember apache on release 8 and 9 of Oracle DB, but in 10g R2 don't see it.
>
> Posssibly two different issues happening here:
>
> 1) So far, Oracle uses Apache for regular HTTP services. (That is
> starting to change
> with the push towards DBMS_EPG to replace mod_plsql for simple uses,
> as in APEX.)
>
> To get that Apache installed, you need to install from the Companion
> CD
>
> 2) EM's website is managed through the enterprise manager, which is
> started and stopped entirely using ORACLE_HOME/bin/emctl and the above
> HTTP server is not installed for this purpose. I get the impression
> they don't use
> Apache for that, but rather a specialized and very thin HTTP server.
>
> If you need to change the port, use emca
>
> When you say "it doesn't work", you leave out a few descriptive parts.
> Like ... what makes you think "it doesn't work". Perhaps you could
> provide something like error messages, operating system, firewall
> configuration, anti-virus stuff ...

The aren't firewall and antivirus.

in emca.properties there is "DBCONTROL_HTTP_PORT_DEFAULT=1158" dbconsole is active but with "netstat -na" there isn't the 1158 port in listening.

IE says "page not found", like there isn't any http server (embedded or anything else) active.

:(

regret to apache of previous version.. Received on Mon Mar 26 2007 - 04:43:10 CDT