Re: http server on 10g R2

From: Fuzzy <fuzzy.greybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 Mar 2007 14:25:00 -0700

On Mar 25, 11:30 am, Andrea <n..._at_tin.it> wrote:
> Ana C. Dent ha scritto:
>
> > Andrea <n..._at_tin.it> wrote innews:eu68bb$i6h$1_at_nnrp.ngi.it:
>
> >> Hi,
> >> someone can tell me which http server is installed with oracle 10g R2?
>
> > Apache
>
> >> i've a problem for starting em (http://192.168.1.1:1158/em), dbconsole
> >> is active, but it doesn't work. I don't know where i can find
> >> configuration file for http.
>
> > search for httpd.conf
>
> i don't find any httpd.conf configuration file, and in installer there isn't
> any apache to install.. :(
>
> i remember apache on release 8 and 9 of Oracle DB, but in 10g R2 don't see it.

Posssibly two different issues happening here:

  1. So far, Oracle uses Apache for regular HTTP services. (That is starting to change with the push towards DBMS_EPG to replace mod_plsql for simple uses, as in APEX.)

To get that Apache installed, you need to install from the Companion CD

2) EM's website is managed through the enterprise manager, which is started and stopped entirely using ORACLE_HOME/bin/emctl and the above HTTP server is not installed for this purpose. I get the impression they don't use
Apache for that, but rather a specialized and very thin HTTP server.

If you need to change the port, use emca

When you say "it doesn't work", you leave out a few descriptive parts. Like ... what makes you think "it doesn't work". Perhaps you could provide something like error messages, operating system, firewall configuration, anti-virus stuff ...

--
Hans Forbrich   (mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com)
*** Feel free to correct me when I'm wrong!