Re: Export hangs on last table in tablespace

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 14 Mar 2007 15:24:00 -0700

On Mar 14, 4:44 pm, "eAddict" <eAdd..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 14, 4:12 pm, "fitzjarr..._at_cox.net" <fitzjarr..._at_cox.net> wrote:
>

> > You're not understanding this, are you? I'd be checking your source
> > data in that 'last table' on the problem server against the data in
> > that same table on the other two servers to see what, if anything,
> > might be causing Oracle issues.
>
> We are both speaking English yet there is a communication issue.
> <grin>
>
> I already looked at the data, all 24 bytes of it. I also did a
> dbverify as well
> as analyze against the tablespace, tables, whatever. I am at a loss
> what
> to check next and with what.
>
> Owner Object
> Type Tablespace KBytes Blocks
> SAPR3 /BIC/FZRC_C500000017243 TABLE PART
> PSAPFACTD 16 2
> SAPR3 /BIC/FZRC_C500000017244 TABLE PART
> PSAPFACTD 16 2
> SYS 122.4 SPACE HEAD
> PSAPFACTD 336 42 <----- this is the only
> diff
> SAPR3 RSDMFACTAB TABLE
> PSAPFACTD 16 2
> SAPR3 RSMDMCNVTAB TABLE
> PSAPFACTD 16 2
>
> What is that line?
> BTW, Thanks for hanging in on this.
> Vince

You have BLOB or CLOB data stored in a separate tablespace; such data usually creates long exports and can make exp appear to 'hang' as well as consume CPU cycles. I've known exports with CLOB/BLOB data to cause a serious impact in response for user sessions. As I stated earlier it appears your data in this one server is the cause of the 'problem'.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Wed Mar 14 2007 - 17:24:00 CDT