Re: Error when importing

From: Anurag Varma <avoracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: 8 Mar 2007 09:04:08 -0800

On Mar 8, 11:47 am, "Paul" <paulwragg2..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Anurag,
>
> I may be wrong but wouldn't the bug still happen when I re-run the
> (slightly) edited statement as in my first post?
>
> It just seems to me that Oracle is splitting the statement over
> multiple lines with the split in completely the wrong place. This can
> be seen with the "LOG"
> "GING" part of the statement.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Paul

Paul,

See the bug description in metalink. I have no idea what the root cause of the
bug might be. But IMP is not splitting the lines in the wrong place. The statement
it actually runs is a concatenated version of all lines. So LOG in previous
line is concatenated to GING on the next line. For formatting it just
If you still don't believe me :), then create an indexfile from the exp
dump (imp indexfile=indexes.sql), and verify the create index statement.

Anurag Received on Thu Mar 08 2007 - 11:04:08 CST