Oracle in DHCP network

From: DrSnap <DrSnap_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 Mar 2007 08:37:52 -0800

Hello there,

I've just installed Oracle Standard Edition 10g r2 on a Win2k PC. and I have to admit that I am a complete noob with (Oracle) databases.

During the installation the installer requests me to install the Microsoft Loopback Adapter, because i'm running in a DHCP network. So I did it (I assumed that I have to give the loopback adapter just any static IP).

Now as soon as i reboot the machine, I run into trouble: Subversion, Synergy don't work properly and network access to this machine is very slow.

My question is now:
What will the consequences, if I disable the "Microsoft Loopback Adapter" again? (the Oracle documentation is very vague on what it will actually be used for..)

thanks for some explanations!

:DrSnap Received on Wed Mar 07 2007 - 10:37:52 CST