Re: Is an explicit connect required when using XA?

From: <bhanu.e_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2 Mar 2007 00:23:10 -0800

Hi David,
Thanks for the reply!! dint see it got posted twice :D

i have already checked the link you gave.. the xa_start() is working fine and returning success... but the problem is the EXEC SQL calls that i am making after the tx_begin()....they return the sqlca.sqlcode value -01012

is there some command line xaoSvcCtx() that we need to give in the application to get the context and then execute SQLs in the database? or is it called implicitly?

I have another question.... is the Oracle precompiler Pro*C for Oracle 8.0.6 compatible with XA? Because i had seen somewhere that an application using Pro*c calls with XA to manage transactions does not work and it is compatible starting with Oracle 9i only!!!!!! Is that true??

Appreciate the reply ...
thanks,
Bhanu