Re: Is an explicit connect required when using XA?

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 1 Mar 2007 13:12:32 -0800

On Mar 1, 10:43 am, bhan..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is an explicit connect command or an explicit command to change
> database required when using XA to connect to Oracle using
> TPM(transsaction process monitoring)?
>
> My XA trace shows that xa_open was successful but none of my fetch/
> update commands work!
> the error i get is ORA-01012 - not connected.
>
> i am connecting from Oracle client 8.0.6 to Oracle server
> 8.1.7 ....are there any known issues??
>
> Thanks!

Possibly this link will help you:

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/appdev.920/a96590/adga1_xa.htm

Your xa_open command only connects to the resource manager; you'll need an xa_start() call to actually begin a transaction.

Plaase do not post the same question twice as it won't get you any faster response and may get you ignored.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Thu Mar 01 2007 - 15:12:32 CST