Re: Oracle RAC 3'rd votedisk showing blank path

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: 22 Feb 2007 08:28:09 -0800

On Feb 22, 11:07 am, "Andreas Sheriff" <spamt..._at_iion.com> wrote:
> Preliminaries:
>
> Oracle 10g SE (10.2.0.3.0) 2 node RAC using Oracle Clusterware
> RedHat EL 4 for both nodes
> 2 promise arrays for shared storage
> gigabit network for iSCSI storage, priv and pub interfaces
> 1 chip 2 cores X86_64 CPU per node (Oracle is installed as the X86_64
> version and so is OS).
> 8 gigs memory per machine
>
> Hi All,
>
> One of my voting disks failed and I'm trying to replace it.
> When I do crsctl query css vote disk, this is the result:
> [root_at_zdb-01 ~]# crsctl query css votedisk
> 0. 0 /dev/raw/raw3
> 1. 0 /dev/raw/raw1
> 2. 0
>
> In votedisk 2 it shows a blank path where the failed votedisk was. There is
> no way for me to delete it using crsctl delete css votedsk <path> because
> there is no way to reference a blank path.
>
> In the OCR, the value for SYSTEM.css.diskfile and SYSTEM.css.diskfile1 seems
> ok, but when it gets to SYSTEM.css.diskfile2 it gets a bit squirelley.
> It shows UNDEF for SYSTEM.css.diskfile and extraneous keys
> SYSTEM.css.diskfile2.2, SYSTEM.css.diskfile2.2.0, and
> SYSTEM.css.diskfile2.2.0.3.
>
> I have another RAC system installed and it only shows SYSTEM.css.diskfile2
> for the third votedisk.
>
> I dumped the OCR and this is what it says for the diskfile[-x]:
>
> [SYSTEM.css.diskfile]
>
> ORATEXT : /dev/raw/raw3
>
> SECURITY : {USER_PERMISSION : PROCR_ALL_ACCESS, GROUP_PERMISSION :
> PROCR_READ, OTHER_PERMISSION : PROCR_READ, USER_NAME : root, GROUP_NAME :
> root}
>
> [SYSTEM.css.diskfile1]
>
> ORATEXT : /dev/raw/raw1
>
> SECURITY : {USER_PERMISSION : PROCR_ALL_ACCESS, GROUP_PERMISSION :
> PROCR_READ, OTHER_PERMISSION : PROCR_READ, USER_NAME : root, GROUP_NAME :
> root}
>
> [SYSTEM.css.diskfile2]
>
> UNDEF :
>
> SECURITY : {USER_PERMISSION : PROCR_ALL_ACCESS, GROUP_PERMISSION :
> PROCR_NONE, OTHER_PERMISSION : PROCR_NONE, USER_NAME : root, GROUP_NAME :
> root}
>
> [SYSTEM.css.diskfile2.2]
>
> UNDEF :
>
> SECURITY : {USER_PERMISSION : PROCR_ALL_ACCESS, GROUP_PERMISSION :
> PROCR_NONE, OTHER_PERMISSION : PROCR_NONE, USER_NAME : root, GROUP_NAME :
> root}
>
> [SYSTEM.css.diskfile2.2.0]
>
> UNDEF :
>
> SECURITY : {USER_PERMISSION : PROCR_ALL_ACCESS, GROUP_PERMISSION :
> PROCR_NONE, OTHER_PERMISSION : PROCR_NONE, USER_NAME : root, GROUP_NAME :
> root}
>
> [SYSTEM.css.diskfile2.2.0.3]
>
> UNDEF :
>
> SECURITY : {USER_PERMISSION : PROCR_ALL_ACCESS, GROUP_PERMISSION :
> PROCR_NONE, OTHER_PERMISSION : PROCR_NONE, USER_NAME : root, GROUP_NAME :
> root}
>
> ------

> [...]

Hi,

You should be able to dd one of the other css disk devices into the missing one. If you don't know where it is, you can always check your original install script under $ORA_CRS_HOME/install/paramfile.crs, grep'ing for CRS_VOTING_DISKS

Also, you could check your weekly OCR backup ($ORA_CRS_HOME/cdata/ {ORACLE_DB_NAME}), as it may have the path in it.

YMMV, Steve Received on Thu Feb 22 2007 - 10:28:09 CST